Want to send yourself a letter on our blog?
Here are the basic guidelines:
- Read a few letters to get familiar with our style. You need not be eloquent, just authentic.
- Keep your letter to one main subject, instead of a long list of general advice. Aim for to 1,000 words or less.
- In the subject line of your email, indicate “SUBMISSION”, followed by basic descriptions of who you are and to whom you are writing. For example, “SUBMISSION: From a liberated child of God to a gal bogged down by legalism”. This helps when people are searching for letters that apply to them. (If you don’t give a title, we will create one for you based on the content of your letter.)
- You can keep your letter anonymous, or you can sign your name – just let us know which you would prefer. If you would like to include a byline for your letter, there is a 40-word limit.
- Send your letter to email@example.com.
By submitting your letter to Verses 3 to 5, you are indicating you understand that it may be published on our website, social media, and other publications or forums related to Verses 3 to 5. If your letter is selected to be posted on our site, it may be edited for content or length.
Editor + Founder, Verses 3 to 5